Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Forteeeeee


I remember being 12 & thinking when I am 16 then I will be able to drive. I will be old enuf. Then when I was 17, I wanted to be 21 in order to drink. Then I will be old enuf. At 22, I wanted to be 23 to be out of college & earning $$$$! At 23, I was ready to be old enuf for marriage. Are you getting the picture?

I relished my 30's. I never wanted 40 to come. Here I am. There aren't too many more milestones that I wish to achieve.

I now hope to keep lots of things. I hope to keep my body 'til I am at least 45. I would like to keep my eyesight a little longer. I hope to keep my money in order to eventually retire at 100. I would like to keep all of the greys out of my hair as long as possible.

It now seems like I am on the defensive & not the offensive.

I can make 40 sound like I am screeching at the end of it. Maybe that's just the brakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment